The main function of a hydraulic lange coupling (hereinafter called FKH) is the safe
connection of two shafts. For example, between a drive shaft and a transmission shaft.
The FKH produces a rigid and backlash-free connection between the shafts. This connection
is mainly used to transmit torque, but can also absorb bending moments. The
FKH is located in the power low.
It is installed by sliding the FKH onto the shaft and the subsequent tightening of the
hydraulic system. By using conical surfaces the inner diameter reduces and the radial
pressure is built up. After clamping the FKH will be locked mechanically and the hydraulic
pressure will be removed. Due to this simple approach, the FKH is suitable for
repetitive clamping operations.
Advantages of the FKH:
• high transmittable torque and bending moments (high friction)
• application-speciic design/customization
• easy mounting and adjustment because of clearance it
• relatively low pressure (closed system)
• very rapid tightening/loosening
• simple design (single cone)
• short installation length
• also usable for shafts with keyway (should be illed)
• combination of diferent shaft diameters
To achieve proper operation and to a suiciently high coeicient of friction, the contact
surfaces between shaft and FKH must be free of grease, dry and clean. The functional
surfaces of the FKH are equipped at the factory with lubricant.